Monday, November 16, 2009

Submissions for This Week's Meeting (11.19.2009)

Hey all, so we have three submissions for this week's meeting, one poem from Jennifer, a spec script for the tv show Parks and Recreation from Neil, and a poem from me. If everyone could print out their own copy of the script, that would be great. I can provide copies for everything else. Also, if you are unfamiliar with Parks and Recreation, you can watch a couple episodes on hulu.com. Just think, it is like The Office, but instead of a paper company, it is the government. And Amy Poehler = Steve Carrell.

In other news--I know, news!--this meeting will be the last OFFICIAL Riot Ink meeting of the semester. Next Thursday, as you all probably know, is Thanksgiving, and the Thursday after is during the last week of school--which sadly, is when our room reservation expires. However, I invite everyone to join me and other fellow writers at Drungos (it is a bar/lounge place near Vulcan Video and Toy Joy off Guadalupe) on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (11.24). I will also have unofficial meetings during December for whoever is able, which will be fun writing days at all of your favorite Austin coffee shops--like Quack's and Flightpath and not Epoch and JP Java and maybe Spiderhouse! We can talk about it more at the meeting.

I need to talk to the people who will be here next semester so I can get the group re-registered and we can still use fancy UT rooms. If all goes according to plan, next semester should be the same, if not eerily similar to this semester. And I will probably advertise the group more.

And last but not muthafucking least: I know many moons ago I mentioned that Riot Ink releases little chapbooks that showcase work from the writers. The chapbooks are pretty awesome, consisting of finely crafted white cardstock, colored paper, ink, and neat icons. I can bring in a couple for people to see so you get an idea. After going through a rolling roster of different writers for the first month and finally settling into a consistent group of people, I think a chapbook would be cool to release. I know most everyone has submitted something--and all of the submissions are great for a book. I will talk about this in more detail at the meeting as well.

Anyway, I just want everyone to know that it has been a great run. I know the news that this week is the last meeting is kind of abrupt, but if keep in touch during December and it won't have to be! Anways, you all have been mega-awesome.

-

A poem by Jennifer


A spec script of the tv show "Parks and Recreation" by Neil


A poem by godzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment